Wednesday 19 December 2012

Stop Motion Project #1: The Curious and Sleepy Dachshund



This is my current project on my youtube channel as of the moment however I'm still a beginner to the field of animation so I just tried to create a very simple animation of my dog using 2 fps format (click here to watch the actual video). I thought that this is really easy as you can use various editing software such as the windows live movie maker, but to my surprise its not that easy as it seems. In order for me to create this simple stop motion animation I need to use atleast 190 pictures under the 2 fps format. I've search the proper timing frame on the internet and some of these websites were telling me that 24 fps is the most recommended one. But hello?? 24 fps??? well if that's the kind of format that I will be using in my stop motion projects then I need to comply with an additional 4,180 still pictures. So instead of following the recommended fps, I just decided to discover the time frame per second that would suit my capacity as a beginner. 

This is just the beginning since it will still vary on the number of pictures that you will be planning to include in your animation. In other words, the longer the animation the more pictures are required to be use. I'm just trying to discover what features does my nikon coolpix camera can offer. This is the reason why I don't want to make stop motion videos for more than 3 minutes since it can't fit the capacity of my current memory card plus it will take a much longer time for me to edit everything.

As a conclusion, doing this project is fun since you will be able to see how creative you are as an artist. But along side with it is your passion and dedication towards this particular project since this requires time, creativity, and effort. Furthermore, since this type of animation is somewhat tedious in nature then you really need to have a humongous amount of patience in yourself or else the end-result of this particular video animation will be more or less a wasteful effort on your part since it will not come out as creative as it is supposed to be.

Thanks for reading, till next time.. God Bless and see you in my next blog! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment